Developer Battlestate Games has released a new batch of screens for Escape from Tarkov, their upcoming FPS/MMO. The new screens feature elements of the game’s interface, including the User Interface for the main menu, raid selection, character data, inventory and more.
Escape from Tarkov is a hardcore story-driven MMO featuring elements of FPS and RPGs. The events take place in the Russian city of Tarkov, which has been sealed off by roadblocks and sunk into the chaos of local warfare between private military companies. Escape from Tarkov‘s Hazardous Environment Combat Simulator employs a number of custom system modules to create incredibly immersive gameplay and make players feel the reality of what is happening in the game.
More info on Escape from Tarkov can be found at the game’s official page: www.escapefromtarkov.com, ‘Like’ it on Facebook, and follow its development on Twitter @bstategames for all the latest developer updates and news.
GAME SETTING DESCRIPTION
The Russian city of Tarkov is a ticking timebomb. Sealed off by UN and Russian military, supply chains have been cut and communication with operational command is lost. In these perilous conditions it’s every man for himself with everything riding on escaping the chaos-ridden metropolis. Take up arms or be another casualty of war.
Within this uncompromising state of harsh combat the environment is unpredictable and dangerous; accidental fellow travelers can and will turn against you and death means losing all your possessions. Solid combat experience, trusted allies and constant readiness are the best means of survival.
Unlike ‘casual’ shooters, Escape from Tarkov is a realistic combat simulator that takes into account such factors as character’s physical status, injury type and the environment. Each choice you make has a heavy consequence. You have full control over movements, environment interaction, cover fire and other elements. Choose to execute a head-on assault of the main gates under a hail of bullets or maneuver a covert breach through the back entrance – any tactical decision can be realized via numerous system modules of the game.
- Hardcore Realism
- Immersive and Realistic Combat
- Realistic simulation of tactical combat and weapon usage
- Hazardous environment combat simulator [HECS]
- Powerful Story Fused with Gameplay
- Advanced Character Development and Inventory Systems
- Evolved Social Elements
From character health to weapon maintenance and dynamic environments and weather, all facets of the game are painstakingly created to provide the ultimate in hardcore realism.
- HUD – Immerse yourself in a war-torn city in crisis with no arcade elements or HUD to distract from the tasks at hand.
- Dynamic Environment – Explore many of the unique and based-on-real-life locations of Tarkov city and its suburbs: citizen blocks, chemical plant area, AA military base, the heart of Tarkov city, private living zone and others in real-time weather conditions and time of day changes.
–Immersive and Realistic Combat
- Behold the system module HECS – Hazardous Environment Combat Simulator.
- Character – The character’s health and physical characteristics affect the game. Hydration, energy, blood pressure, blood loss, fractures, contusion, toxication, exhaustion, tremors and so on will change the gameplay experience. In combat situations, control your character intuitively with smooth speed, stance changes and transitions.
- Weapons – Experience the weapon as if it was being held in real life. Get used to the logistical operation of the weapon including jamming, overheating, wearout, reloading, aiming, charging and, of course, shooting. Real-life ballistics and projectile hit physics will also play a key part.
- Environments – Interact with the environment to gain situational tactical advantage. For example switch off the lights to commence a tactical entry with the door interaction system.
–Powerful Story Fused with Gameplay
Escape from Tarkov takes place in the fictional Norvinsk region’s Special Economic Zone that was once a bustling gateway between Russia and Europe. However, preferential treatment for large international companies has not only attracted law-abiding businesses, but corporations of dubious intent as well. In Tarkov, one of the largest cities of the region, a transatlantic corporation became the ground zero of a political scandal. Six months later, the political standoff escalated into an armed conflict involving UN peacekeepers, Internal Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, and two private military companies. The region’s borders were sealed off, and those trapped in the middle of this intense conflict were cutt-off from the peaceful world outside.
–Advanced Character Development and Inventory Systems
- Story-driven scenario-based walkthrough as one of the multiplayer game modes. Complete raids on large scale locations with your friends or alone.
- Friend and/or Foe – Cooperate with strangers or get shot by your friend in the back – there are no rules. Choose to trust ex-enemies, establish your own combat group with specialized abilities, or change the priorities to unfold the mysteries and escape from Tarkov alive.
Enemies – The Scavengers (Scavs)
- Fight the enemy – In addition to battling other soldiers, you’ll confront AI driven civilian savages (i.e. Scavs) desperate for loot who are ruthless in protecting what they have managed to salvage. The more noise you make, the more attention you’ll receive, so always be on your guard or be prepared to be swarmed.
- Become the enemy – Choose to play as a Scav with pre-set random gear, weapon and health condition. No need to worry about death – you will not lose anything from your main character. Get out alive while playing Scav and transfer his loot to your main character’s stash.
Loot and Inventory
- Gear Management – Treat your character, gear and weapons properly in order to get the best use out of them. Apply the large variety of medicines to stay alive and focused. Repair your armor, firearms and cold steel. Purify water and sort out your food rations.
- Death – If you die, you’ll lose everything. Organize your backup inventory kits, use secured containers and insurance to avoid devastation.
- Inventory and Modding – Manage inventory in a classic slot-based way. Organize and modify your chest rig like a real professional. Discover the most advanced weapon modding system ever to expand your weapon’s tactical abilities. Utilize special equipment like NVGs, radio headsets, ballistic vests and helmets.
- Loads of Loot – Loot fallen enemies and containers to get a vast variety of items to use and barter.
–Evolved Social Elements
In addition to intense action, engage in a number of non-combat activities to fully immerse yourself in Tarkov’s post-war culture as a Citizen-Soldier.
- Trade and Merchants – Communicate and trade with NPC merchants. Gain their trust to get special goods and quests. Sell your loot in flea markets and auctions or become a trader with your own store, runners and specials.
- Dynamic Economy – Adapt to the economy, which changes in real time according to other players’ operations and events.
- Explore and Uncover Secrets – Discover concealed locations such as reserved facilities and stocks, sealed TerraGroup offices and underground warehouses. Find useful information and items which will help uncover what is going on in the city.
ABOUT BATTLESTATE GAMES
Based in St. Petersburg, Russia, Battlestate Games was founded in 2012 by videogame development veterans who are experienced in AAA, hardcore games (World of Tanks, Crysis, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.) teamed with self-taught developers with both research knowledge and a passion for first person shooters. The nearly 40 person team is currently in production of Escape from Tarkov, a hardcore title set in the Russian 2028 universe, and another yet unannounced title.
DEVELOPER: Battlestate Games
GENRE: Storydriven, hardcore and realistic online first-person action RPG
simulator with MMO features
LAUNCH DATE: Closed beta-testing in 2016
PRICE: Standard Edition ($44.99)
Left Behind Edition ($74.99)
Prepare For Escape Edition ($99.99)
Edge of Darkness Limited Edition ($139.99)
PLATFORM: PC, Mac
MEDIA CONTACT: Tracie Snitker, [email protected], (209) 586-1495 x104
SOCIAL PAGES: http://www.escapefromtarkov.com/
MINIMAL SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
OS: Windows 7/8/10 (64 Bit)
Processor: dual-core processor 2.4 GHz (Intel Core 2 Duo, i3), 2.6 GHz (AMD Athlon, Phenom II)
RAM: 6 GB
Graphics Card: DX9 compatible graphics card with 1GB memory
Sound: DirectX compatible audio card
Network: Permanent connection to the Internet
Disk Space: From 8 GB