Advance tickets for WONDER WOMAN (opening June 2) officially go on sale on Fandango today, and to mark the occasion, the nation’s leading digital network for all things movies, surveyed moviegoers planning to see the film. According to more than 1,000 WONDER WOMAN fans polled by Fandango on Thursday:
- 92% are excited to see a female superhero standalone movie.
- 87% wish Hollywood would make more movies featuring female superheroes.
- 80% claim Gal Gadot’s appearance as Wonder Woman was one of their favorite parts of BATMAN V SUPERMAN.
- 79% are Chris Pine fans.
- 73% watched the “Wonder Woman” TV show when they were kids.
- 65% are particularly excited that this movie was directed by a female filmmaker.
Fans buying advance tickets for WONDER WOMAN will receive a free DC Comics bundle of digital “Wonder Woman” comics with their ticket purchase.
Fandango is also announcing its exclusive WONDER WOMAN gift cards (bearing the themes of WONDER, COURAGE and POWER -see enclosed images) are now on sale at its online gift card storefront (www.fandango.com/giftcards), just in time for Mother’s Day Weekend. And over at Fandango FanShop (www.FandangoFanShop.com), fans can get $5.00 off on WONDER WOMAN merchandise (including an exclusive pin set, AFTFX statues, knee socks with capes, leggings, and Funko Rock Candy figures) by using the promo code “WONDER” at checkout.
The specific digital DC Comics that fans will receive when they buy their Wonder Woman tickets on Fandango are as follows: Wonder Woman: Rebirth (2016) #1; Legend of Wonder Woman (2015) #1; and Wonder Woman (2006) #11.
Fandango FanShop is Fandango’s first-ever movie merchandise store which features specially-created collections of unique and exclusive wearables, collectibles, and experiences tied to theatrical releases and beloved movie franchises.