That’s right, A.E.G.I.S. is going to Kickstarter, October 4th, this upcoming Tuesday!
WHAT TOOK SO LONG?
A.E.G.I.S. is a big game, and we wanted it to be great. Through 2015/2016, we gave the game a giant overhaul. Here’s a timeline:
- March 2015: A.E.G.I.S. signs on with Greenbrier Games.
- April – August 2015: Development of new prototype for game — New boxes, board, punchboards and graphic assets. New prototype displayed at Gen Con.
- Oct 2015: Kickstarter scheduled, pushed back. Box contents too heavy, not good-looking.
- Nov – Jan 2016: New card layout developed. Background illustrations commissioned. All robots in game rebalanced and adjusted. Kickstarter pushed again — Greenbrier’s Folklore Kickstarter does extremely well and shifts our timeline.
- Feb – April 2016: Preparation for PAX East — New box art, card design finalized, new board art, new robot pieces (standees)
- May – August 2016: Preparation for Gen Con — Final prototype put together for both boxes. Back-end database for cards/data merge created. 12 new robots designed to accommodate 4-player out of the box. Game modes added and tested.
- August – Now: Sending copies to reviewers, Kickstarter preparation, and planning and launch!
It’s been a long time coming but we’ve done it! It’s all thanks to your never ending support and belief in this game! Are you ready to back the world’s premier, fast-paced, team building, strategy board game centered around giant, combining robots? ARE YOU READY TO FIGHT AND UNITE?
The game is all grown up now.
Same awesome, simple combat. Same dream. More options, more streamlined. Better art, better assets.
Since PAX East we’ve been working nonstop to refine assets and game play, add brand new game modes, and put tons of polish on A.E.G.I.S. What does this mean for you? The game design is fully complete, once the Kickstarter funds, we can go right into production for the game. It was our highest priority to have the game fully completed and to the quality we want before we ran the Kickstarter, to help cut down on wait time so you could get your copy as soon as possible. All of the finer details will be covered on our Kickstarter page. When we go live we’ll send out another newsletter so you won’t miss the launch!
“…the game play is very intriguing, even more so once the learning curve has been crested. There were some game sessions I played where games would have very close victories, and the board was immediately set-up for another round. The combat draws you in and doesn’t let you go, and there’s enough variety in team building to prevent gameplay from ever becoming stale. A.E.G.I.S: Combining Robot Strategy Game is a fun, quick-playing game that requires little set-up and can be customized for complexity as needed. “
Check out our website for the most up to date A.E.G.I.S. news.