Elite Dangerous brings gaming’s original open-world adventure to the modern age with the 400 billion star systems of the real Milky Way re-created at their full galactic proportions, an evolving player-driven narrative and fully connected multiplayer experience.
- Play Your Way. Fight. Trade. Explore. Survive. Starting with only a small starship and a handful of credits, blaze your own trail in a cutthroat galaxy and earn the skill, knowledge, wealth and power to stand among the ranks of the legendary Elite. Customize your ships, build a fleet and live a complete life on humanity’s galactic frontier.
- A Hard Science Galaxy. From outer space to the surfaces of worlds, Elite Dangerous uses real scientific principles to re-create the sights and spectacle of our own Milky Way galaxy at its true proportions, all powered by the most sophisticated simulation in videogames.
- Massively Multiplayer. Experience unpredictable encounters as you cooperate and compete with players from around the world in the Milky Way galaxy of the fourth millennium. Journey alone or with friends in space and on planet surfaces.
- Player-Driven Narrative. In an age of galactic superpowers and interstellar war, every player’s story influences the unique connected gaming experience and evolving narrative. Governments are overthrown, battles are lost and won, and humanity’s frontier is reshaped, all by players’ actions.
- Touch Navigation. Explore Elite Dangerous’ map of the Milky Way with a swipe using touchpad controls that make navigation fast and easy.
- Extra Control. Customize four additional touchpad ‘hotkeys’ to suit your own play style.
- Fast Headlook. Quickly track your enemies in the heat of combat with optional motion-based headlook controls powered by the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller.
‘We’re thrilled to bring Elite Dangerous to PlayStation 4,’ said Frontier CEO and Eliteco-creator David Braben. ‘Elite Dangerous is unlike any other space game, with a rich multiplayer or single-player space, a true-to-life galaxy including our own entire night sky, real physics, unique ship handling characteristics and a player-driven narrative that’s really heating up. The galaxy has been stable for centuries, but all that is about to change. PlayStation 4 players will be joining our galaxy at a very exciting time.’
Frontier Developments is the studio behind Elite Dangerous, LostWinds and Planet Coaster. Founded in 1994 by games industry veteran David Braben, Frontier develops games using its cutting-edge COBRA technology and is passionate about original gameplay, real community, player-driven narrative and cutting-edge technology.
Elite Dangerous is available now for PC and Xbox One, and is coming to PlayStation®4 in Q2 2017. Planet Coaster is available now for PC. Other Frontier titles include RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, Thrillville, LostWinds, Kinectimals, Kinect Disneyland Adventures, Zoo Tycoon, Tales from Deep Space and ScreamRide.
PlayStation® is a registered trademark or trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.