“We’ve been looking forward to this day since we first started development of Arrow Heads as game design students,” said Benjamin Scott, Co-founder of OddBird. “We’re thrilled that Arrow Heads is now available on Steam and that everyone has a chance to experience the game’s silliness and crazy chaotic moments. We hope that people will have as much fun playing the game with their family and friends as we did working on it.”
Whether competing against other players online or teaming up against waves of enemies with your best friend on the couch next to you, Arrow Heads hands players unlimited arrows and drops them into unpredictable environments to test their mastery behind the bow. With plenty of unlockables and hundreds of customization options, you can defeat your opponents in style with additional projectiles like fish, guitars and even weaponized unicorns. This zany battle royale archery game is guaranteed to entertain and keep you coming back for more feather-fueled action.
- Arena Mode: 2-4 frenemies can duke it out both locally and online, or both at the same time. Battle through 7 different stages using utterly devastating power-ups like explosive rockets, electric tesla coils and leg-chomping bear traps to take out your enemies!
- Arcade Mode: Play solo or with friends in the fully co-operative survival mode that lets 1-4 archers team up to battle against 25 waves of enemies and compete for high scores.
- Dangerous Levels: As if battling your friends or waves of killer bears wasn’t hard enough, you’ll also have to watch your step. Whether it’s the edge of a skyscraper, a mischievous laser eye or a rampaging boulder, the environments in which you decimate your fellow archers can be as treacherous as your foes.
- Unlockables: What’s the point of being the best archer around if you don’t look good while doing it? A vast array of customizations can be unlocked in-game, including 6 different characters, 8 bows and 10 outrageous arrow types.
- Flopping: Take an arrow to the face early in the round? Don’t worry, you can get your vengeance from beyond the grave with after-life flopping! Stay in the fight by throwing your corpse around mindlessly or slapping your enemies in the face with your noodly arms to stun them.
Arrow Heads has already received industry recognition for its unique shooting mechanic, quirky design and exciting level of competition. The game won Best Overall Game and Artistic Achievement at the 2016 Level Up Showcase, the first event of its kind in Canada that recognizes the most talented students in game design, animation and computer science programs from colleges and universities across Ontario. Arrow Heads was also the winner of the 2016 ESAC Student Game Competition and was named a semi-finalist for the 2016 Adobe Design Achievement Awards.
Arrow Heads is available for purchase from Steam today for $14.99 at http://store.steampowered.com/