‘CAPTOGLOVE’ GETS KICKSTARTER FUNDING IN 13 DAYS FIRST UNITS OF AMAZING WIRELESS, WEARABLE DEVICE CONTROLLER WILL SHIP IN MAY
Stretch Goal Will Add Thumb Pressure Sensor for Expanded Functionality
The world’s first wireless wearable controller, CaptoGlove, has reached another milestone by securing its Kickstarter funding in 13 days. The incredibly versatile CaptoGlove allows users to control video games, VR/AR, mobile & smart devices through simple hand gestures. The first units are in production and are expected to ship to early Kickstarter backers in May.
To celebrate their funding success, CaptoGlove has announced a Stretch Goal to add a pressure sensor to the thumb of the glove for expanded functionality. This sensor will leverage the touch sensitivity of the finger and be able to perceive various levels of pressure (<100g to >10kg). This will enable future customization, as well as more precise measurements of what the finger is doing.
“Our community of backers have been our biggest evangelists and have helped us quickly achieve our funding goal, as well as provided valuable feedback on additional features and capabilities they’d like to see in CaptoGlove,” said Paolo Trotta CEO of CaptoGlove. “It is because of this response we decided to add a Stretch Goal of a pressure-sensitive pushing sensor to the thumb, which will pave the way for integrating CaptoHaptic Kit in the future.”
The first CaptoGlove prototype was created five years ago as a way to help a father regain coordination and mobility after a stroke. Its success was incredible and its precision allowed the glove to next be modified to help train military pilots. Again demonstrating unparalleled accuracy in replicating flight simulation hand movements, CaptoGlove finally teamed up with world-renowned sports glove company, Reusch to create a truly next-generation wearable wireless controller for video games, virtual reality platforms, mobile devices, professional training, drones, smart home products and more.
Check out CaptoGlove in action:
CaptoGlove Kickstarter reward tiers are still available at significant price discounts to expected retail prices until April 24.
CaptoGlove key features include:
- Intuitive Control – CaptoGlove interprets natural hand movement as control gestures, which allows for a quick and easy learning curve. Create up to 20 control gestures per glove (or 40 with a pair). All gestures are completely customizable through the free iOS/Android/PC app.
- Gaming Ready – CaptoGlove can be used to play any past, present or future PC game, delivering a uniquely immersive experience on a variety of platforms including VR, AR, XR, first person shooters, flight/racing sims, and more;
- Plug & Play – Connects via Bluetooth Low Energy to virtually any device. No need for a specially prepared area or additional equipment such as trackers or cameras. CaptoGlove delivers up to 10 hours of continuous use on a single battery charge.
- Endless Application Potential – Its smart design and upcoming SDK release will offer tech enthusiasts a wealth of potential uses. From health rehabilitation and smart home device control, to piloting drones and professional training for police, first responders, pilots, doctors, etc.;
- Quality – Textile developed in Italy with world-renowned sports glove maker Reusch. Comfortable, breathable and made from high quality textiles that can be washed by removing a single sensor.
Originally designed to help stroke victims recover the use of their hands, CaptoGlove has been in development for nearly five years, and made its public debut in January 2017 at the global technology conference CES. Using a series of smart sensors, CaptoGlove delivers unparalleled precision for controlling video games, smart phones, virtual reality gear, drones, unmanned systems, smart home products and more. The glove’s textile was developed in Italy with world-renowned sports glove maker Reusch. For more about CaptoGlove, visit CaptoGlove.com, or on social media: Instagram (@CaptoGlove), Twitter (@CaptoGlove) and Facebook (Facebook.com/CaptoGlove).