The independent videogame developer Piece of Cake Studios is thrilled to announce that its award-winning title, Hacktag, the 2-player co-op stealth game with one agent and one hacker, is now available on Steam Early Access for the reduced price of $14,99 with a 25% weekly launch discount off. The early access launch trailer can be watched below:
The Early Access version of Hacktag allows players to experience the core mechanics of the game both online and locally with a split screen mode. The experience system (with both passive and active skills) and some customization options are also already implemented. This first released version features 9 playable levels and the studio has plans to add more maps on a weekly basis. In the future, players can expect an upgrade to an infinity of levels thanks to a level generation system based on their feedback. The fans will be able to contribute to the final phase of the game’s development to really make a difference.
“Hacktag is an original concept with a challenging asymetrical gameplay which requires thorough testing and iteration. We’re counting on players feedback through suggestions and surveys during the early access to go even further with the game.” said Marine Lemaitre, Piece of Cake Studios co-founder.
Hacktag final Features:
- Online and local multiplayer: Play separately or share the same screen.
- “Co-operative” gameplay: As mercenaries, your partner is also your best competitor!
- Original co-op mechanics and mini-games: Alarms, locked doors or jails…
- Procedural generation: 3 corporations, 3 types of missions and an infinity of levels.
- Experience and unlockable skills: Gain levels and choose new active or passive skills.
- Character creation: Customize your character with unlockable content.
- Online challenges, rankings and leaderboards: Share your scores and defy your friends.
- Unique story for each player: Experience Hacktag’s story with your own NPCs.
About Piece of Cake Studios
Piece of Cake Studios is an independent French videogame studio specialized in making co-op games (because they are the best!). Our first game, Hacktag, is the winner of the Audience’s Choice Award at indieCade Europe 2016 and is set to release in 2017.