The wait is over. Bluehole and Brendan Greene (aka PLAYERUNKNOWN) announced that PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, the first standalone Battle Royale experience from the creator of the genre, is available now on Steam Early Access. With servers now live in North America, Europe and Asia, players can purchase PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS on Steam for $29.99. Kill or be killed in a fight to be the last man standing.
PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS is being developed with full transparency to players and is planned to be in Early Access for less than six months. The development team will use this time to implement and finalize the modding tools, and deliver a complete Battle Royale experience.
What’s more, the team will be providing the community with regular updates on development plans throughout Early Access. During this six month period, a heavy emphasis will be placed on client performance and optimization. More information can be found at www.playbattlegrounds.com/
A last-man-standing shooter, PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS drops players on a realistic 8 x 8 km island with visuals that show off Unreal Engine 4’s capabilities. Starting with nothing, they must fight to locate weapons, vehicles and supplies as they strive to be the lone survivor.
PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS Key Features:
- Custom Games: Being implemented after Early Access, this feature will allow select groups of players to create and host their own games with special server configurations, such as the number of players, option to spectate the round, play or set the game as private with password and more. Additional information about custom games will be announced after Early Access launch.
- Realistic Gunplay: Players use real-world weapons found via supply drops to create an authentic and visceral experience.
- Massive 8km x 8km World: Players begin as weak survivors and develop into powerful soldiers on a massive, deserted island set in Eastern Europe.
- Built with Unreal Engine 4: PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS utilizes the latest development tools to deliver realistic visuals, animations and gameplay.
- In-Depth Loot System: Players will uncover a wide variety of weapons, armor, attachments, and much more as they explore – and battle – across the world.
- Player-Focused Metagame Tools: Leaderboards and statistics plus replays and spectator mode tools are coming after Early Access launch.
- Loads of Localization: Launching into twelve languages (English, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Arabic) with translations coming directly from the community.
PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS is available now on Steam Early Access for $29.99. To learn more about PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, please visit www.playbattlegrounds.com, ‘Like’ it on Facebook, and follow its development on Twitter @PUBATTLEGROUNDS for all the latest updates and news from the team.
PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS – Not Just a Game. This is Battle Royale.